Tuesday, August 20, 2013

21-08-2013


Just to let you know the first 24 trap boxes have arrived. Bruce will continue working on the rest. Now all we need is the traps to go in them.The traps are due to arrive Christchurch at the end of the month. I have a warning stencil to go on the lids and I will try that out in the next week and also different ways of numbering them.
We have very kindly been donated an old GPS so we can plot the position for each trap.

The rivers are both dropping again but will no doubt rise with the rain forecast for tomorrow. This makes it a bit difficult to get down on the riverbed and check for birds. I was there last Friday and there was nothing around and as soon as I can I will go back down and have another look - apparently most of them normally arrive mid August.

No comments:

Post a Comment